“Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.” And I looked, and behold, a (1) white horse. (2) He who sat on it had a (3) bow; (4) and a crown was given to him, (5) and he went out conquering and to conquer.” Revelation 6:1-2 NKJV
(1) White Horse– White Idiomatically means, clean and or pure intention, while horse indicates power.
(2) He who sat on the White Horse– refers to any man having pure intention and power- This man could refer to Peter because he was one who had the purest, untainted intention and He has the power of God. He performed miracles:
“so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them. Also, a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.”Acts 5:15-16 NKJV
(3) Bow– Refers to revelation, notice that arrow was not mentioned because arrow idiomatically means the content of those revelations. It uses the word bow so that, when the content of those revelations is taught, it goes to distant places in the same manner that when an arrow is thrown with a bow, it goes to distant places.
“Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 16:17 NKJV
(4) And a crown was given to him– this refers to the authority vested in him by Jesus Christ Himself.
“I tell you that you are Peter. And I’ll build my church on this rock. The gates of the underworld won’t be able to stand against it.”Matthew 16:18 CEB
(5) And, he went out conquering and to conquer– in his time, the believer grows by multitudes, this was due to the bow or the revelation that he held which he taught. To date, those words are going places, conquering even now.
“They praised God and demonstrated God’s goodness to everyone. The Lord added daily to the community those who were being saved.” Acts of the Apostles 2:47 CEB